Valtech is looking for a Mobile Technical Architect. Are you passionate about designing and developing best in class mobile applications and leading a community of talented developers. Do you have an eye for the user in everything you deliver and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Are you based in the UK and would you like to work from the comfort of your home and have the opportunity to visit our office in London, Bristol or Manchester occasionally? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Technical Architect
As a Mobile Technical Architect, you will fulfil an essential and high profile role. You will be responsible for the design of innovative new mobile solutions for our global clients by continuous collaboration with our technical & delivery teams and of course the customers. On a day-to-day basis you will be the one to provide leadership in the mobile space as well as owning technical governance and technical vision for those client’s solutions. Luckily you will not have to do this all by yourself. You will work closely with other architects, developers, programme directors and client strategy teams.
In addition, you will be:
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Leading teams of developers, testers, ops through the full lifecycle of development.
- Delivering presentations and demonstrating the potential of new mobile technologies to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Involvement in pre-sales activities.
- Managing client expectations throughout the project lifecycle from initiation through to delivery.
You and the role
You are someone with extensive experience in the field of mobile application development and most likely with a career evolution from developer to architect. Taking the lead and proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing. In previous environments people would come to you for technical assurance across all stages of the lifecycle from pre-sales to post implementation.
We would love if you have
- Proven experience taking ultimate responsibility for designing and delivering multiple large scale mobile solutions, understanding the various cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance and quality, using:
- Knowledge and experience of GDPR.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Experience architecting solutions, including creating architectural artefacts, such as high-level designs, disaster recovery plans and support documentation in an Agile environment.
- A rigorous understanding of automated testing.
What you can expect from us
- A flexible hybrid working model.
- Working as part of an inclusive and diverse workforce, and the opportunity to work on truly exciting and projects with collaborative teams at a local and regional level.
- A competitive market salary plus comprehensive corporate benefits package, which includes pension, life insurance, BUPA private healthcare/dental care, cycle to work scheme and even free eye tests & flu jab.
- Regular company days and staff social meet ups.
Apart from the benefits listed above, we have more to offer. Our growth development program, for example, to help you excel in your existing profession, or enable you to explore another. Also, there are plenty of internal initiatives for you to take part in. Whether it's about improving Valtech as a business or contributing to the world around us, we encourage our employees to pursue their professional and personal ambitions.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Mobile Architect?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!