A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. While our expertise is experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimize business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimization, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
About the role
As one of the co-founders of the MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in MACH, composable architectures and multi-head approaches for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions. Because we experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients, we are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
Are you one for the bird's-eye view? A natural at coordinating activities and people? Ready to go above and beyond to make our clients happy? If yes, you sound like the perfect fit to be our new Commerce Program Manager!
- In this role, you will oversee several teams within Valtech and manage stakeholders and multiple external parties.
- You make sure the quality of our work is up to par and maintain a good relationship with the client on a strategic level.
- You can demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills
This role is to some extend location agnostic, but we’re especially looking to place these roles close to one of our offices in United States, Canada, Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland or Ukraine. Does this sound like something for you? Then read on.
What you’ll be doing
A lot of different things.
- Play an important role in guiding our strategic clients through their digital transformation. That's why you strive to understand our client's business and can design and run a focused strategy to reach their goals.
- Assure the promised outcome of project proposals and plans and ensure our team is matching the output we promised.
- Make sure the governance for the program is in place and monitor and report delivery on an outcome basis.
- Communicate proactively to all relevant stakeholders on how to maximize impact while mitigating risk.
- Proactive in managing risks, identifying problems in delivery internally and externally within our clients organizations and take actions to resolve and escalate issues that may occur.
- Ensure that the client's vision and strategy is clear to the Valtech team.
- Facilitate the team and make sure everyone is aligned on delivering against the impact and value we define with our clients.
- And lastly, often times your role will include pre-sales, learning & development, team lead and project management activities. We weren't lying when we said it was a versatile role!
Our preferred candidate
You know your way around digital and you get project and program management like no other, because you have spent your career becoming a leader in this field . Your experiences allow you to always see the bigger picture and talk strategy, branding, design, marketing and development at the same time. Aside from that you think from the customers perspective and translate this to actions for the team.
You also have
- 8-10 years’ experience in digital program and/or senior project management within a digital agency environment
- Deep experience in customer contact and stakeholder management up to c-level executives.
- Extensive knowledge of program management - and the ability to prove it
- Experience with delivery of technical programs within commerce
- Extensive experience in Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) and Scaled Agile frameworks and some knowledge of other methodologies
- Experience working with product management teams in an agile scrum environment and the ability to translate product roadmaps into actionable delivery plans.
- Fluent English skills; written and spoken
- Affinity for commerce, technology, composable architectures, and large-scale delivery with distributed teams
- A flexible mindset. Depending on the program and client, we occasionally work at the client or one of our other locations
- A servant leader mentality and ability to switch between strategic level and operational interventions by leading by example where necessary
Advantage: certification in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI-ACP, PMP, Scaled Agilist (SAFe5), DASM)
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of an exceptional team of more than 3.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles, and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today. We look forward to hearing from you!