A few words about us
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. While our expertise is experience design, technology, and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
About the role
As one of the founders of the global MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in composable architectures and multi-head approach for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions and experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients. We are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
We are looking for someone to be at the forefront of our team of front-enders. A strong developer and architect who has the technical skills and mindset to lead the craft into a future hinged on modern design-principles and decoupled front-end architectures. Do you have 10+ years of experience in front-end development? Is there nothing you’d rather do than promote your discipline inside and outside your organization? And do you know how to inspire people and convey a vision? Then you might be our new colleague!
This role is, to some extent, location agnostic, but we’re especially looking for talented individuals in USA, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, France, Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Sweden or Switzerland.
What you’ll be doing?
- As our Global Headless Frontend Architect, you won’t be bored. After all, you are responsible for the strategy and vision for and the work of an entire craft. On a day-to-day basis, you:
- Will be a valuable member of the Valtech Global MACH (Microservices, API-First, Cloud-Native and Headless) Team
- Are passionate senior technologist and have hands-on experience with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms adhering to the principles of MACH
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural and people skills
- You are used to working in a headless environment, through modern principles such as Jamstack, Static Site Generators and Frontend-as-a-Service (FEaaS).
- Are the person to contact for the front-end discipline, inside and outside the organization, for anything that pertains to decoupled front-ends and Frontend-as-a-Service (FEaaS)
- Stay up to date on what is happening in the field and take the lead in determining the (technical) course in the front-end architectures, together with the communities of practice you represent.
- Create support for change and build a strong base for scale
- Make the organization aware of the increasingly important role of front-end architecture in our projects and ensure that front-end is involved more and earlier in the process
- Seek active contact with other disciplines and combine strengths across the organization
- Maintain an overview of available knowledge within the discipline, indicate where additional knowledge is needed and actively pursue knowledge sharing
- Contribute to projects by leading by example, coaching fellow front-end developers, setting the mark
- Look for ways to simplify an increasingly complex developer experience
- Advocate for best practices, fast performance and scalable solutions
Our preferred candidate
You will be the driving force behind our front-end craft for headless architectures. So, we need you to be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and strong in your communication and beliefs. In addition, you will need to keep up with new developments in the field and inspire your team with your newly gained know-how. Talking about your knowledge – to help our team and set strategic direction, we prefer you have experience with:
- CI / CD Pipelines
- Ambitious performance, SEO and accessibility targets
- Build & development tooling (like webpack, rollup, Node.js, and Babel.js)
- GraphQL and Backend-for-Frontend patterns
- Shift-left testing
- Having a front-end lead role and being an evangelist of change
- Working in the digital agency world. You have a background at or experience with digital agencies. You understand the playing field, the competitors in the market and the available platforms.
- Preferably, but not required, experience with
- Familiarity with Microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Headless CMS and eCommerce solutions
What can you expect from us?
At Valtech you’ll become part of an exceptional team of more than 3.000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles, and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organization the opportunity to grow and also transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognized not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really do transform by doing.
If this sounds like your next challenge, then do send us your application already today. We look forward to hearing from you!